Monday, December 25, 2006

'Tis the season?

Every so often I run into some bad luck. And this year it's just in time for Christmas! A few weeks ago I was a victim of a drive-by egging! It was about 1 AM and the culprits were speeding past me as I was standing to cross the road. The window opened, some punk stuck his upper body out the window & winged an egg at me. At first, I didn't know what hit me, or my book bag to be precise. I saw nothing on the ground, but I looked more closely on my bag I noticed the yolk. They sped away before I could see the licence plate. I then mention this incident to several other people and I find that's not that rare to be egged by cowardly cretins in speeding cars! I even heard of an incident in which a local woman was paint-balled in the face!! She was quite bruised up, but fortunately the scum didn't hit her in the eye.

But as fate would have it, I was to be victimized again, except more discreetly this time. I believe it all started at a Blockbuster. My credit card was copied and within 2 days the criminals racked up about $5,000 worth of purchases!! I guess they had a Merry Christmas. Fortunately, the credit card company is eating the costs and the next step is for me to sign an affidavit and speak with a fraud investigator from the company. The fraud could have only been committed at one of 3 places and I can pretty much rule out the other 2. Apparently, the retailer(i.e., some young punk; probably the same one who egged me) working there had a credit card copier attached to the charge machine; or that's my best guess in any case.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

more entries! i demand it!

Arena said...

Walter,
Fight the blog rot! Fight it!
A. (Arena)